Collyer’s Nurseries was established in 1938 just before the outbreak of World War II by the late Eric Collyer.
Born in the days of harsh rationing and the ‘Dig for Victory’ campaign, Collyers provided valuable food for the local community.
After the war we went on to specialise in growing roses and eventually diversified into ornamental shrubs and trees.
Collyers Nurseries has now been an independent family business for over 75 years, and is owned and run by Brian Collyer along with his daughter Jenny and son-in-law James.
With a reputation for quality and care for plants, the nursery stocks a vast range of garden plants and trees, and although we have expanded the business over recent years – with the addition of the PipTree cafe – our focus remains the same; on beautiful, healthy plants and great prices.